Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Backyard Landscape Change


In the last 2 to 3 months my (and neighbors too!) backyard was invaded! Yup, the Decepticons made their appearances. They came, they demolished but with all that ends well, they even tidied it up for us. Apparently, the area considered our backyard actually belonged to another property owner and now that they have decided to develop the piece of land behind, they had come to claim back their portion of the land. Luckily they left us with about 10 feet of land and they built a new wall to mark the border. Sadly, the day they demolished the original wall and excavated and flattened the slope behind, I had to tear down 3 of my cucumber plants that were at peak production stage. My 2.5 year old jujube tree had to go too. Sob!


The original backyard was on a slope. Weeds grow like crazy fast. Difficult to maintain. So in the end, this invasion was a good thing after all.


There goes my jujube tree :(


Excavation work to flatten the backyard.

Building a new wall.


All that survived in containers were one tomato plant, one brinjal plant and a few stalks of red amaranth.


Wall nearing completion when this pic was taken end of July.

As of today, the new wall is completed and my backyard is much smaller but neater nonetheless. It's looking pretty good with a couple of newly planted fruit trees (dwarf version). I'm also preparing for a small vegetable patch. Right now, I think I'm a little bit sun-burnt with all the recent gardening! Tiring but fun and exciting indeed! Will update more soonest.

Go garden! ;)

2 comments:

  1. You need to have to appear for a backyard landscaping thought like the 1 above that will benefit you all year round. Deciduous trees will not be gorgeous in all seasons, most probably, but not all.


    Landscape Contractors

    ReplyDelete
  2. The demolition looks horrible! I'm glad you said you were able to maintain your backyard's charm even if it's in a smaller landscape now. How do you plan to design your new garden? I hope you would be able to find inspiration to renovate your garden and make it as lovely as before. :)

    Johnson Rondeau

    ReplyDelete